Blaylock Park has new addition | Arts & Culture
A fourth mosaic, tile mural has been the newest installment to Blaylock Park. Mural Artist Elizabeth Veglia was joined by MGCCC Art Professor Sandra Cassibry and former MGCCC Professor Kathryn Lewis to create the mural.
According to Lewis all four murals in Blaylock Park are representative of Wiggins’ rich history and culture. The new mural’s theme is celebrating trains and the train depot. “We used old post card photographs of Stone County to come up with the mural,” Lewis said. The mural is located on the backside of the park's Red Creek Mural.Thousands of ceramic tile were used to create the mural and MGCCC Perkinston Campus student’s helped break and place the tile. Funding for the project came from the Mississippi Arts Commission, Stone County Arts Council and Stone County Economic Development Partnership.
The dedication ceremony for the mural is set for Friday, April 8, 2011 at 4p.m. The ceremony will take place at Blaylock Park located in downtown Wiggins.
Top Wiggins - Perkinston Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Whereabouts: May 24-27
- Fugitives nabbed at daybreak by Pearl River County authorities
- PRCC graduates advised to set goals and keep trying
- Hand grenade found inside truck parked at Poplarville car dealership
- Graduates of the associate degree nursing program at Pearl River Community College receive their pi