Farm Families of MS: Taco soup recipe | Community Spirit
February is National Beef Month! Our Mississippi family owned beef cattle farms provide safe beef not only for your family but ours as well.
Improvements in beef production technology have helped the beef industry use fewer resources to feed more people. In Mississippi in 2012 the value of the beef industry was $329 million.
With 17,752 cattle farms in Mississippi there is a lot of delicious and nutritious beef for you to try in your family meals. Check out our website at www.growingmississippi.org or follow us on Facebook by searching for Farm Families of Mississippi.
Try this delicious recipe for a quick and easy meal your family is sure to love!
- 1½ lb. Ground Beef
- 1 lg. Onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1 (14 oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 can shoe peg corn
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups water
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
Sauté ground beef and onion; drain. Combine remaining ingredients in large soup pot. Add beef and onion. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, and corn chips. Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
Information source: Farm Families of Mississippi.
Top Wiggins - Perkinston Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Whereabouts: May 24-27
- Fugitives nabbed at daybreak by Pearl River County authorities
- PRCC graduates advised to set goals and keep trying
- Hand grenade found inside truck parked at Poplarville car dealership
- Graduates of the associate degree nursing program at Pearl River Community College receive their pi