Verizon Wireless, MISSISSIPPI – The September 1 deadline is quickly approaching for Mississippi nonprofits to apply for a total of $50,000 in grants to support literacy programs from the Verizon Foundation.
Grants will support projects that:
• Enhance GED and/or adult literacy programs.
• Support pre-k and/or k-12 literacy programs.
• Use resources from the Thinkfinity Literacy Network for programs for families and adult learners.
• Improve literacy skills for a particular group or individuals.
• Target under-resourced communities.